The Most Popular Shopify Apps for Product Customization.
In the previous blog, ‘Shopify vs Bigcommerce? Start your Business with the Best Shopping Cart‘ we have summarized various fundamental comparisons of both the platforms i.e. Shopify Vs Bigcommerce, to make it easier for you to pick up the best one for running your online website successfully.
Certainly, Shopify has many advantages over ‘Bigcommerce’ that helps to create E-commerce websites in minimum possible time. Mostly the same core features are needed by E-commerce websites, and ‘Shopify’ readily provide all of them such as product search, products catalog, order placement, shopping cart, online payment, tracking order and many more.
So, we recommend you to choose Shopify as your Ecommerce platform and choose to hire Shopify developer from us to create a high converting e-store.
You can further improve your out of the box Shopify experience by using Shopify apps for product customization of your web store.
Personalisation has always played an important role in defining the effectiveness of eCommerce experiences, and product customization is one major cog in eCommerce personalization wheel. There are a number of product customization apps available on ‘Shopify App Store’.
In this blog, we are putting some light on the some of the most popular ‘Shopify Apps’ for product customization that will surely make your Shopify web store ahead of the game:
1. Product Customizer
Product customizer is a convenient-to-use Shopify app having outstanding customer service.
Product customizer offers unlimited customization options in a simple way for your online products. Here, your customers can enjoy some exciting features benefits for their products like file uploads, text boxes and drop down options etc.
Product customizers have a big part of ‘ShopStorm’s sales strategy as the core strength for their customer support service. The core focus is on knowledge and friendly attitude of their customer support team. Besides that, they also stress the team’s willingness or happiness to assist clients during installation or solve any query.
Product Customizer provides the following main selection of the features:
- As a part of an order, it allows customers to fill in the text.
Allows products customization with file upload fields i.e. canvas prints or photo retouching.
- Allows adding unlimited options or new option types to every product.
- Avoids any version-related confusion to save time by managing all products customization.
- Sets of customizations are quickly added to new products using saved sets of options.
The app charges it’s users on a subscription basis. Their plans include:
- Standard plan: $13.99 (Support Conditional Pricing)
- Premium Plan: $17.99 (Supports Optional Pricing)
ShopStorm also provides free weekly trial for this App.
2. Product Builder
Although Shopify provides their users with product versions and options, still it fails to offer the features to allow their users to completely build their products. This need is completely fulfilled by the Product Builder App.
On their website, Product Builder App has also exemplified to fulfill Shopify merchants needs like seen something on car dealership sites to pick any car model, user picks the color choice, then picks style of wheel or may select any other additional option etc. and when user go through the final image, it visibly changes based on user selections.
This Product Builder App can make it possible as a Bold App that a Shopify merchant could only dream of.
Product Builder main features include:
If a user needs some clever conditional logic options, then this Bold App provides it by integrating all options. Also, these clever conditions can be implemented on whole steps or even on the options just within the step. For example; There can be certain options for customers that can be seen in selecting Step 1, Step 2 options can be seen only when Step 1 choices are selected.
Options for 2D or 3D Images
Usually when a user selects a product option, then a standard 2D or a series of 3D images effect appear in the preview panel. It can be seen here on Bold Apps’ test site. The provision to use 3D images is entirely optional. If any user is willing to use this feature then there is also provided a list of great photographers on the instructions page of App who can take the 3D images.
Track Your Inventory
There are plenty of choices available for users in the different steps. While creating options in the different steps, you can also link these options in your store with a specific product version.
This will assist you to track your inventory with a great transparency by attaching a price to your choice. You can also select your choice with the app for managing your inventory and even you can hide or ignore any option without inventory.
Product builder can be massively customizable. It is up to the user who can either change basic settings by selecting a few various current themes or if users have a good command over CSS then they can also completely customize the appearance of the builder.
Product Builder is also a fixed-price app and it costs as a standard $60.00 monthly. This Bold Apps offers a longer free trial that lasts for 30 days.
A unique selling proposition should be a major part of any good app like Qstomizer app. It is the only completely responsive product customizer app available on the Shopify App Store. Nowadays in the m-commerce world, any of your online store websites need to be responsive. Using Qstomizer as a responsive product builder is a good way to ensure and avoid losing your customer.
- Just like the Product Builder App, here also you can integrate it smoothly into the design of your current Shopify store site.
- It would be really interesting to know Qstomizer that how much time and work it saves for you.
- Without any manipulation, you can directly print a customer’s design. This app can build images of your customers designs in either formats i.e. jpeg or transparent PNG up to a resolution of 2400×1750 px.
- You can also add automatic filters to the images uploaded by your clients i.e. Colored, Black and white, edges finder or a mixture of them.
- The customer can also directly upload these images via Instagram that is becoming popular socially online.
- Automatic multi-language functionality is another great feature, using this customer can automatically detect and translates the builder into either of any desired language i.e. English, Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish or French. A unique and great feature to globalize your business.
- This app is fully compatible with any browser and mainly created with the best possible practices using the latest technology such as CSS3 and HTML5.
Qstomizer price may vary from $19.99 to $49.99 per month. As per the number of products you want to customize, orders you process in a month and storage space you require for customers images. However, it is free to use for 7 days.
4. Customization Engine
Customization Engine helps users to customize their web store products smoothly with lots of ease and fun. Also, it ensures improved customer experience and confidence to increase sales. Moreover, it saves customization time with a time setting product option.
- Customization engine helps to make your products store unique by adding many customization options to enhance sales.
- A live preview can be generated for instant gratification to your customers that show their product customizations as unique items.
- It provides a solid base to increase sales by improving the customer experience and confidence.
- It allows your customers to see a live preview of their customization for a better buying experience and it will develop their more trust in your store.
- Customization Engine allows your clients a visualization of changed products that most other customization apps do not offer.
Time-saving to set up product options
- It can be a bit complicated to add customization to your products while showing a preview of it to your customers. But you can make this process easy and smooth.
- Customization Engine can save you plenty of time to avoid entering the complicated code to your templates manually.
- It is super-flexible and can be best utilized with any type of your product irrespective of its shape and color.
Available Product Customizing Options Are:
- Static Text
- Custom Text
- Select Text
- Images Thumbnails
- Static Images
- And much more…
Basic Monthly Plan $19.99 Includes:
- File Storage: 500MB
- Custom images: 5MB
- Customer’s orders visual recreation.
Intermediate Monthly Plan $39.99 Includes:
- File Storage: 1GB.
- Custom images: 20MB.
- Customer’s orders visual recreation.
- Image Rendering for Customization.
5. Product Personalizer (Zepto Apps)
The product personalizer app for Shopify provided by Zepto is one of our favorites for several reasons. One of them is the versatility it provides in its admin interface to set up different layers for different product options. The entire setup is compatible with almost all product types and will eventually suit any business in the market.
- Supports conditional logic editor, which allows merchants to hide and show different fields depending on option values. This lets you create complex product editors.
- Supports option to set price for each option that is added to the overall product cost.
- Personalized product image is saved and displayed in cart and checkout step.
- Fully mobile responsive and optimized for tablets and mobile browser.
- Supports custom CSS changes to match the theme you are using.
- Allows developers to customize the tabs for maintaining minimal design.
The plugin is available on a 15 day free trial on the Shopify app store.
Post the free trial period, the price starts at $9.99 / month and is divided into 3 different plans which are based on a number of customizable products being used.
- Basic: 0~99 Personalizable products @ 9.99USD
- Standard: 100~299 Personalizable products @ 16.99USD
- Premium: 300+ Personalizable products @ 23.99USD
6. Customify – Product Customizer
With over 105 positive reviews, Customify is one of the most appreciated Shopify product customizer app on the marketplace. It supports a variety of design options for different product niches including all major categories such as Tshirts, mobiles, mugs, PCs, Bags etc. If there is a product out of the scope of default products available in the app, then the app development team is readily available to set up custom layers for your product.
- Ability for merchants to define an editable area of the product image in the form of layers.
- Great support provided by the developers who are always ready to assist in creating layers of customizable images.
- Supports Multiple language packs
- Fully mobile and tablet responsive.
- By default integration with Social media channels – Google+, FB, Twitter.
- Supports custom image upload and editing.
- Custom order can be downloaded as image and vector by the customer in real time.
The Customify Shopify app is available with a 14-day free trial and the developers also provide free installation services as well.
The app will cost you $15 per month and if you are a signing up for the first time then the Shopify app page provides an affiliate link which when used gives you a 3 month subscription of the app free of cost.
7. Artistry IO
Artistry IO may sound a little pricey for its competition but its biggest USP is the availability of several quick start templates for different products. These templates really cut down the time it will take for merchants to setup customizable products for their business.
- Several templates for merchants to start selling customizable products in a flash. Real-time product preview.
- Fully mobile and tablet responsive
- Customized product images are made available to the merchants in high quality (300 DPI).
- Options for merchants to set up their own fulfillment services.
Pricing can be a deal breaker here as Artistry.IO can make a serious dent in your budget. With the smallest package costing around $25 per month (75 templates/200 custom orders a month), it is clear that the app providers are utilizing their distinct ability to set up custom templates.
The Medium package costs $65 per month and comes with 150 templates / 400 custom orders.
The large package costs $195 per month and provides access to unlimited product templates / 800 custom orders per month.
They are backing up their services with a 30 day trial period, so if you are planning to invest in this extension, then do make full use of their trial period in order to identify if the app features match your business needs.
All options discussed above have their own unique traits and available to choose as per your Shopify store site need and differing in budgets.
We hope this blog post would help you to make the decision easier for you. If yes, then reach us to let us know!
Following are the customization and development tasks The Brihaspati Infotech can undertake for you:
- Developing and configuring the Shopify store from scratch.
- Customization of Shopify Theme i.e. look & feel.
- Customization of Shopify page i.e. adding cart Page with custom fields, checkout page, and many similar customizations.
- Enhancement of Shopify behavior i.e. Sending information out of Shopify using Shopify web-hooks into other systems.
- Integrating Shopify API with 3rd party systems.
- Configuring the Shopify Widget. i.e. embedding Shopify store into the external page.
At TBI our Shopify E-commerce experts make it feasible for you to create fully customizable products in your Shopify Webshop using Shopify extensions or Apps. If you want Shopify store product customization tools to be integrated into your website then please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to share any of your suggestion or comments then please leave your words in the comments section below: